Thursday, February 1, 2018

You Are So Loved Pocket Cards





 stamps: Papertrey Ink You Are Loved free set  dies:Papertrey Ink Brushed Off Rectangle/Gift Card Cozy/Be Mine,Valentine



hosted by Stephanie


inspired me to think outside licensed paper craft products.

The first thing I did was grab for a lightweight pack of papers (denim pocket) that was gifted to me by a sweet member of our church.

It's a basic kid's paper pack with designs such as the denim pocket.

The second "different" was a die cut strip from the liner of a business envelope.

I stamped the sentiment and then outlined the strip to highlight it.




The pink stripes are your usual patterned cardstock.

Pink stripes are featured at one of my favorite challenges which has returned!


http://theseinspiredchallenges.blogspot.ca/2018/02/inspired-by-lovely-purse-and-exciting.html

 
(The stitching on the jean pocket is golden like the chains also).


Third "different" element, is a pouf snipped from a garland for a recent birthday.


It's a cool embellishment, ready-made with twine~perfect to attach at the top of the glossy cardstock pocket.


http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.ca/2018/01/challenge-153-word-prompt-attachment.html
 

 I had enough materials to create three gift card holders~one for each of my lovely girlies.


 Now I need to pick up some gift cards~

thanks for stopping by today!






 


10 comments:

Laurel said...

These are so cute! Love the tuft of tulle at the top. Thank you for playing at Inspired By :)

Kathy Mc said...

These are priceless, Marlene! I tried to incorporate tulle on mine but just couldn’t figure it out. The liner of a business envelope is a very clever recyclable. You scored with that denim pack, but I’m sure you were very deserving.

Danni Reid said...

oh these are cute!

Marcia Hill said...

These are FABULOUS Marlena!! I think I'm most impressed by using the inside of a business envelope...I will have to remember that one!! And I love the tulle that softens everything up and the sentiment too! Perfect gift card holders...love them!! :0)

maria f. said...

Very hip!

Brenda said...

Wow Marlena! I love these cards!!!! First off the denim paper is fabulous, but it is the creativity to use the inside of an envelope that has me going wow! It works so well with your papers you chose. Yep, these cards are pure genius my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Shauna said...

Wow... that denim looks fantastic! I love how you incorporated so many different elements, including that bold bow! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Marlena!
I hope this finds you doing well. I love your card, and always love stopping by to take a look and say hello. I hope you will stop by Word Art Wednesday again soon to join in our challenges there as well. I miss yoU!
Have a blessed week,
Karen Letchworth
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Helen F. said...

Such a cute idea for your set of gift-card holders, Marlena! The tulle and pink n white stripes are so sweet :-)

Julia Stainton said...

So cool! Love the tulle and stripes!