Wednesday, November 14, 2012

~Squash Soup~




We love V8 Squash Soup...but can't find it at our local store anymore.



Waaaaaahhhhhh!!!




But, I can make a card INSPIRED by it.




Here's my squash soup card~




It's fun to assemble elements with Erin's chipboard technique here.



 I swiped the buggy with Mod Podge for a nice finish.




Here is the soup pic from Inspired By #49




Laurel's source link under the photo will take you to a recipe I will have to try~



I used Lenet's sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketch #123.







The Waltzingmouse stamp I used was the shadow from My Island...isn't that a fun stamp???



My sentiment and die are from Papertrey Ink and the border die is from Verve.


I recently purchased Papertrey's Beautiful Beads die...and thought it would be the perfect platform for the sentiment~



Bet I have you thinking of warm soup now, too, huh?!!!


Misery loves company...LOL.


At least it's a healthy craving~







stamps: Waltzingmouse My Island,Papertrey Ink Bitty Baby Blessings
dies: Verve Pennant trim die,Papertrey Ink Bitty Baby Blessings, Winter Penguin Die snowflake and Beautiful Beads die
embossing folder: Sizzix Textured Impressions Seasons Greetings
other: Martha Stewart border punch,Crop-a-dile corner chomper
paper: Little Yellow Bicycle Acorn Hollow DP,Georgia Pacific white cardbase
ink: Memento Rich Cocoa,Tim Holtz Walnut Stain






6 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

I love squash soup! I just made some for the first time ever Saturday. A new diet plan I'm on & squash is one of the things I can have.

It's really easy to make. I have to admit-mine didn't look like the bowl in your picture!

Laurel said...

I love this, thanks for playing!

Karen B. said...

Warm soup sounds really good right now, but I much prefer something like chili! Your card is a lot of fun, what a cool way to use the dies.

Kelly S. said...

Super sweet baby card in these colors, Marlena! Love the banner down the side and the way you placed the sentiment!

-Aneta- said...

Marlena..nice card and colours combination :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the soft colors you used - perfect for a baby card! So happy you could play along with us at WMSC this week!